Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dark_Prime
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:12 am 

Has anybody noticed any obscure reports of Jack Owen being active in the white power scene lately? I found somebody put this on his wikipedia article:

Quote:
Jack is now active in the white power music scene, lending his talent to the Tampa, Florida based hate metal band Attack, and has been billed as a solo act at the racist skinhead gang the Hammerskin Nation's annual Hammer Fest concert in 2009.

And googling "Jack Owen No Alibi" also brings up pages with information along the lines.

Anybody heard of this?

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:21 am 

Well i never thought Cannibal Corpse members to be of any real intelligence.

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:48 am 

Hate metal? What a joke.

kampfplatz666
Sturmbannführer Borat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:56 am 

Hircine wrote:
Well i never thought Cannibal Corpse members to be of any real intelligence.

Haha, I couldn't say it better...

Musick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:21 pm 

Jack will be in the roll of producer, according to a blackle search.

Its fine he plays in a band that talks about sodomizing a chick with a meat hook, murding someone with a hammer, and fucking a dead corpse. Or a band that proclaims you should fuck jesus.

But as soon as someone produces a band......

It seems some hypocritical to me. A lot of metal fans have loss the essence of metal, and have become hanky-wringing, weepy PC infected pansies. No, I am NOT saying metal = hate, but it was a rebellion aganist the status quo. No it carries its torch. I think racisim is stupid myself, but the First Amendment was designed to protect offensive speech, because nobody ever tries to ban the other kind.

Now, lets begin the name calling towards Musick.

I have had successful trades/sales with:
vegnsanity, DMR, TooHuman, turboeye, minionofkyuss and teuti

NotGlib
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:43 pm 

Musick wrote:
Its fine he plays in a band that talks about sodomizing a chick with a meat hook, murding someone with a hammer, and fucking a dead corpse. Or a band that proclaims you should fuck jesus.

Fantasy =/= reality

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:49 pm 

NotGlib wrote:
Musick wrote:

Fantasy =/= reality

Yeah, because when a band starts talking about hating, it's because they believe in it. A "hate metal band" saying shit about say a political party they like, unless it is humorous, wouldn't be plausible. And I don't think the CC guys ever thought of fucking a dead corpse...

Musick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:11 pm 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
NotGlib wrote:
Musick wrote:

Fantasy =/= reality

Yeah, because when a band starts talking about hating, it's because they believe in it. A "hate metal band" saying shit about say a political party they like, unless it is humorous, wouldn't be plausible. And I don't think the CC guys ever thought of fucking a dead corpse...

Problem is, where does it end?

Hate is in the ear of the listener, which makes banning it a very dangerous thing. What you may hear as "hate speech" I may hear simply as an opinion with which I disagree. You will never silence every opinion with which you disagree.

I oppose the separating of any kind of free speech and categorizing it as hate speech, because as soon as this line has been crossed, it will also become possible for christian groups to say bands like Deicide should be "outlawed" because they too advocate hate. Anti-abortionist could call CC hate because they advocate the killing of an unborn child. Hate speech cuts both ways, and it is not guaranteed to not go aganist you.

I have had successful trades/sales with:
vegnsanity, DMR, TooHuman, turboeye, minionofkyuss and teuti

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:56 pm 

I agree with Musick here. Also... guys... this is starting to feel like a thread started by the ADL: Oh dear, this band has a member who may have White Power (automatically nazi, of course) connections, we must boycott them.

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:05 pm 

It's good not to be too fast about the direction the thread could go, nobody bitched about anything yet. I agree with Musick too, metal is about talking about the whatever the fuck you want, and I have the choice of listening to what I want so I just let him be and not bother with his stuff.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:09 pm 

And I would like to see those accusations confirmed in some way, shape or form. If they are not confirmed they are only that - namely accusations.

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:53 pm 

This is pretty funny and doesn't piss me off whatsoever.

pastafarian
Liberalestest Hitler Jugend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:59 pm 

jack owen left cc in like 2004 so who cares. i hope these are rumors though. Im not cool with that kinda shit.

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:07 pm 

I'd like to question this ridiculous notion of metal "being against the status quo" or "saying whatever the fuck you want" or whatever bullshit ideas you people have... Since when is there some kind of "point" or even "theme" of metal that applies to all metal genres and even more specifically, bands?

No, metal is not about anything, quit fooling yourselves into thinking that there is some sort of message or theme that applies to "metal" or "true metal" or black metal or whatever. I don't think most metal bands give half a shit about "rebelling against the status quo" although one could certainly make the argument that they are rebelling since they aren't playing what is popular... but then again, what genre of music that isn't (modern) rap/hip-hop, pop or country isn't "rebelling against the 'status quo'?"

Quit fooling yourselves.

What's wrong with boycotting white power bands if you're against white power bands? I don't understand your complaints. It's not like anyone is denying the band's right to freedom of speech by not listening to it. Obviously people should get some confirmation first, but that's their prerogative to be ignorant decision-makers.

Shovel
Wyruld Cyninga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:35 pm 

Attack used to be a racist band back in the day, but they're not anymore, from what I've heard in the local scene. They're playing a hardcore show with a shit ton on non-racist bands in a few weeks, and I'll be going, so I guess I'll figure it out then. They were off the map for a long time, and just reappeared a few months ago. They're all skinheads, but I don't think they're racist anymore.

Here's their myspace if anyone cares to check facts before getting their panties all bunched up.
http://www.myspace.com/combatmetal

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:43 pm 

I'm a Jew and lost have my family in Auschwitz. Either way, I love and own the first four cannibal corpse LP's. That however would not stop me from beating the living shit out of Jack Owen for being a dumb racist piece of shit. There are plenty of Niggers and Kykes that have put out better music than CC have, so I say we sentence Jack Owen to death by nigger dick....

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:48 pm 

Rampant_Fuck wrote:
I'm a Jew and lost have my family in Auschwitz. Either way, I love and own the first four cannibal corpse LP's. That however would not stop me from beating the living shit out of Jack Owen for being a dumb racist piece of shit. There are plenty of Niggers and Kykes that have put out better music than CC have, so I say we sentence Jack Owen to death by nigger dick....

Ever notice how 'anti-racists' throw around the word 'racist' like racist people throw around the word 'nigger?'

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:53 pm 

Rampant_Fuck wrote:

Typical knee-jerk, reactionary leftist opinion.

By the way, your post seems to say a lot about your opinion of blacks. Perhaps you are a racist yourself and aren't aware of it yet?

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:55 pm 

Chaosmonger wrote:
Rampant_Fuck wrote:

Ever notice how 'anti-racists' throw around the word 'racist' like racist people throw around the word 'nigger?'

Haha the irony was intentional. I'm really just neutral towards racism. I have more problems with affirmative action than I do with racism....but racists usually tend to be Anti-Semitic and I assume Jack Owen is. I'm really indifferent though...I'm sure he's a moron. I was just contributing to the retarded arguments in a retarded way :(

samekh wrote:
Typical knee-jerk, reactionary leftist opinion.

By the way, your post seems to say a lot about your opinion of blacks. Perhaps you are a racist yourself and aren't aware of it yet?

It wasn't a serious post and If I truly felt that way about black people, I woudln't have openly stated that I was a Jew and then referred to Jews as kykes. It was a bullshit ironic statement meant to spark a cheap laugh. And In my opinion, I spoke highly of blacks being that they have the privilege of sodomizing Jack Owen, a true death metal veteran :) (Clearly proving that I have no problems with homosexuals either). Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by rabidmadman on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrinceofEmptiness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:07 pm 

I believe it. But do I care? Not at all.

I have no problem with NSBM as long as it's good, but most of it just sucks. If someone makes good music, I don't care what the lyrics are about. The same way I've never been a fan of most of the lyrics of my favorite genre, death metal. Who gives a shit about how many corpses you can fuck, or how many nig nogs you can hang, just shut up and play good music and I'll buy it.

~Guest 97031
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:12 pm 

PrinceofEmptiness wrote:

I have no problem with NSBM as long as it's good, but most of it just sucks. If someone makes good music, I don't care what the lyrics are about. The same way I've never been a fan of most of the lyrics of my favorite genre, death metal. Who gives a shit about how many corpses you can fuck, or how many nig nogs you can hang, just shut up and play good music and I'll buy it.

I doubt anyone who says most NSBM sucks knows what htey are talking about. Look up bands like Sunwheel, Thunderbolt, Kataxu, Wolfenhords and you might think otherwise.

~Guest 3496
Exterminator 666 Does Not Answer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:35 pm 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
I agree with Musick here. Also... guys... this is starting to feel like a thread started by the ADL: Oh dear, this band has a member who may have White Power (automatically nazi, of course) connections, we must boycott them.

No one had even mentioned a boycott until this point.

Also, it's nice to see the "PC" and "reactionary leftist" boogeymen have been introduced by some other morons.

Last edited by ~Guest 3496 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luisangel91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:40 pm 

charlie91 wrote:
PrinceofEmptiness wrote:

I doubt anyone who says most NSBM sucks knows what htey are talking about. Look up bands like Sunwheel, Thunderbolt, Kataxu, Wolfenhords and you might think otherwise.

i've just checked out wolfenhords, his new album has good reviews and that photo holding the nazi flag is quite good, at least he's not triying to look evil by holding an axe or some stuff like that.

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:24 pm 

In regards to Jack Owen and the band Attack and their affiliations.

The group who organized this event is the top friend on that myspace page..

Also note that his name is on the Flyer. You can go through the links on the flyer and see what it's all about. Sorry nonbelievers.

As for my views, I don't care. He can believe what he want. Can't believe so many weak skinned individuals will completely distance themselves from CC's work, and the guy just because of his views. Just because he thinks this way doesn't mean you will for listening to the guys music. And I don't see how wanting to beat the shit out of him will resolve anything either.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:33 pm 

A gang of big nosed Jews such as myself beating the living crap out ouf skinheads would definitely be entertaining and empowering. I'd like to form a group of Anti-skinheads with backwards ideologies with regards to whom we hate. There should be a Jewish version of the Black Panthers. I'm burning all of my cannibal corpse tapes. One of them is signed by Jack Owen... so I'm going to wipe my ass with the sleeve before I burn that one....

Whose next man...? Dont' tell me Broken Hope are Anti-Semitic because I have a signed cassette of theirs too!!!! FUCK YOU JACK OWEN.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.