Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:23 pm 

User: maniamania

Has been adding bogus links to some of the band pages I've submitted (Omens of Disaster, Dead Conspiracy, etc.), possibly to other band pages as well. The URL he has been posting is the same for each band:

http://buscario.com.br/hpg/hms-bulk-ema ... ance.shtml

Looks like spam, and (surprise) there's no mention of any of those bands in the link.

Last edited by Drowned on Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:25 pm 

Latest target band: Sonick Plague

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:38 pm 

yeah I mentioned him to Nightgaunt. He was already aware of him. He was just linking to car insurance to an insane number of bands.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:31 am 

Another one seems "unholyblack"

WTF is he adding :wtf:

570 points without adding a single band or review is definitely POINTWHORING

ruigeroeland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:20 am 

It is possible if you add releases and update line-ups, etc. But it does seem to be a bit much..

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:29 am 

ruigeroeland wrote:
It is possible if you add releases and update line-ups, etc. But it does seem to be a bit much..

Yeah sure it is but this guy is some new user and already having more than 600 points?

Moreover he does not update obscure bands

I'll ask morrigan to check

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:04 am 

ruigeroeland wrote:

This is true. Before I added a single band or review, I had already gathered up around 2200 points on the site. I would just go through every demo, zine, flyer, etc. in my collection and scan them for cover art/logos/band photos. I used to document every logo I submitted, but the amount of logos got so large that I lost track of everything; I do remember some of them. Check out the Corpse Molestation or Crematory (Swe) logos... Those are my scans. :)

I also went through my old tape trade list and added every demo I could find that wasn't already in the Archives. That was at least 700 points right there.

Currently I'm back to my old stack of fanzines from the early 90's and looking for more obscure bands to submit (mostly death metal). Sometimes the only info I have is a logo, contact address and demo review. Luckily I've been getting help filling in the blanks from some cool people like Uncolored, FrayedEndsofSanity39, Gutterscream, helvede, christkiller, emperor_zola, etc... Lots more bands on the way!!!

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:11 am 

Drowned wrote:
ruigeroeland wrote:

This is true. Before I added a single band or review, I had already gathered up around 2200 points on the site. I would just go through every demo, zine, flyer, etc. in my collection and scan them for cover art/logos/band photos. I used to document every logo I submitted, but the amount of logos got so large that I lost track of everything; I do remember some of them. Check out the Corpse Molestation or Crematory (Swe) logos... Those are my scans. :)

I also went through my old tape trade list and added every demo I could find that wasn't already in the Archives. That was at least 700 points right there.

Currently I'm back to my old stack of fanzines from the early 90's and looking for more obscure bands to submit (mostly death metal). Sometimes the only info I have is a logo, contact address and demo review. Luckily I've been getting help filling in the blanks from some cool people like Uncolored, FrayedEndsofSanity39, Gutterscream, helvede, christkiller, emperor_zola, etc... Lots more bands on the way!!!

Heil to old belgian bands! especially featuring Frank from Enthroned :D

Good job anyway :beer:

antonslavey
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:38 pm 

christkiller wrote:
Drowned wrote:
ruigeroeland wrote:

@christkiller - How in the name of Lucifer did you obtain all those rare releases?? :eek:
i must say i am very jealous.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:09 pm 

antonslavey wrote:
christkiller wrote:
Drowned wrote:
ruigeroeland wrote:

@christkiller - How in the name of Lucifer did you obtain all those rare releases?? :eek:

Which?? :wtf:

Uncolored
Death Metal Fundamentalist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:19 pm 

Drowned wrote:
Crematory (Swe) logos... Those are my scans. :)

the crematory logo and picture was scanned from my denial vinyl!! you replace "my logo" with an older one :D :shakefist:
Drowned wrote:
Currently I'm back to my old stack of fanzines from the early 90's and looking for more obscure bands to submit

I got some more too just need a new scanner :(

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand

I never check forum messages, don't bother write me here. thanx

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:30 pm 

I've scanned a lot of stuff from Isten magazine. I wish I had more old-school fanzines. :(

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:04 am 

Uncolored wrote:
the crematory logo and picture was scanned from my denial vinyl!! you replace "my logo" with an older one :D :shakefist:

Haha, sorry man. I remember it was kind of small and blurry. Besides, the one I scanned (I think from Holocaust #4) is so much cooler!

Your Hydr-Hydr logo rules though. :D

antonslavey
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:49 am 

christkiller wrote:
antonslavey wrote:
christkiller wrote:
Drowned wrote:
ruigeroeland wrote:

your joking right?
Aguynguerran Christreign Annihilation Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 18/50
BlackSStorm Alesia Split CD limited to 100 (?) handnumbered copies, copy 24/100
Dead and Forgotten Demo Demotape limited to 66 handnumbered copies, copy 59/66 on ancient parchemin paper
Göll Göll Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies signed with blood! copy 12/50
Hiver Noir Errance sur les Chemins de l'Eternité Tape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 14/50
Insane Vesper Unholy Procession Demo CD limited to 66 handnumbered copies, copy 19/66
Isegrim Gloria Deo, Domino Inferi With PC video
Krater (Ger) Des Winters weiße Reinheit Demo limited to 55 handnumbered copies, copy 24/55
Kvellen Terres vierges CDR limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 12/50
Nargaroth Herbstleyd Cdx limited to 33 handnumbered copies, copy 15/33
Othendara Dae Of Nox Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 27/50
.. just to name a few..

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:39 pm 

antonslavey wrote:
christkiller wrote:
antonslavey wrote:
christkiller wrote:
Drowned wrote:
ruigeroeland wrote:

your joking right?
Aguynguerran Christreign Annihilation Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 18/50
Dead and Forgotten Demo Demotape limited to 66 handnumbered copies, copy 59/66 on ancient parchemin paper
Göll Göll Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies signed with blood! copy 12/50
Hiver Noir Errance sur les Chemins de l'Eternité Tape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 14/50
Insane Vesper Unholy Procession Demo CD limited to 66 handnumbered copies, copy 19/66
Krater (Ger) Des Winters weiße Reinheit Demo limited to 55 handnumbered copies, copy 24/55
.. just to name a few..

Aguynguerran Christreign Annihilation Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 18/50 : BOUGHT IT AT THEIR GIG WITH WATAIN 2 YEARS AGO

BlackSStorm Alesia Split CD limited to 100 (?) handnumbered copies, copy 24/100 : BOUGHT IT FROM A FRIEND

Dead and Forgotten Demo Demotape limited to 66 handnumbered copies, copy 59/66 on ancient parchemin paper : GOT IN A TRADE (i have a copy for trade as well)

Göll Göll Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies signed with blood! copy 12/50 : BOUGHT IT AT A GIG 2 YEARS AGO

Hiver Noir Errance sur les Chemins de l'Eternité Tape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 14/50 : THE GUY IS A FRIEND, I GOT IT FROM HIM

Insane Vesper Unholy Procession Demo CD limited to 66 handnumbered copies, copy 19/66 : TRADE WITH A FRIEND FROM TOULOUSE

Isegrim Gloria Deo, Domino Inferi With PC video : BOUGHT IT IN A SHOP SOME YEARS AGO

Krater (Ger) Des Winters weiße Reinheit Demo limited to 55 handnumbered copies, copy 24/55 : GOT IT FROM A TRADE SOME WEEKS AGO

Kvellen Terres vierges CDR limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 12/50 : GOT IT FROM VAALTARGH IN A TRADE

Nargaroth Herbstleyd Cdx limited to 33 handnumbered copies, copy 15/33 : BOUGHT ON EGAY FOR SOME EUROES

Othendara Dae Of Nox Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 27/50 : GOT IT FROM DANTHRAX_NASTY WHO PLAYS IN THE BAND

hehe satisfied? and also i have not yet added all my tapes here ;)

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:12 pm 

MORE POINTWHORING

http://www.metal-archives.com/userprofi ... rMaanlicht

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=27489
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=5575
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=7860

etc

starting with bands with numbers in their name, hes adding metalmania links.

shall i start deleting them or just leave it?

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:14 pm 

parasite_lost wrote:
MORE POINTWHORING

http://www.metal-archives.com/userprofi ... rMaanlicht

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=27489
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=5575
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=7860

etc

starting with bands with numbers in their name, hes adding metalmania links.

shall i start deleting them or just leave it?

Delete :)

Predator667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:45 am 

User: TheEgo

I don't know what exactly is he doing, but he's updating lots of bands from Poland at the moment in ridiculous speed (one just right after another). Check him out.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:57 am 

Predator667 wrote:
User: TheEgo

I don't know what exactly is he doing, but he's updating lots of bands from Poland at the moment in ridiculous speed (one just right after another). Check him out.

adding useless links @polish promo site ...

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:35 pm 

on some of the archive pages it says that malefic is a member of sunn o))). should i delete this as he was only a guest on black1 (and not a full time member)

Cantusbestiae
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:06 pm 

He's not a full-time member but the live-singer, thus he must be considered as a session musician.

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:12 pm 

atilla did a bunch of concerts with them (in fact, the 2 cd version of black1 comes with an entire live show with atilla) and appeared on white2 but isn't listed as a member.

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:47 pm 

Well, since this topic is still alive I thought I would ask a question to the moderators... If a band recorded a demo that they never officially released, but became available down the line in the tape trading circuit - Would a band like this be approved or rejected?

I have a demo from 1992 by a band called Disenterment. It's the band Shamaatae was in prior to Arckanum. It's a full recording, complete with intro/outro and track listing. I got a good copy of it many years ago from a tape trader, but I recently read in the Arckanum bio that the demo "remains unreleased to this day".

I was just gonna forget about it, until I found this band's page:
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=39321
All they ever recorded was a rehearsal session that presumably was never released as an actual demo tape (w/ cover, packaging, etc), but probably just circulated among friends or tape traders. Now if that is really the case, then I was wondering if there is any difference between that and the Disenterment situation.

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:08 pm 

Drowned wrote:
Well, since this topic is still alive I thought I would ask a question to the moderators... If a band recorded a demo that they never officially released, but became available down the line in the tape trading circuit - Would a band like this be approved or rejected?

Looks ok to me.

khronos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:35 am 

Ok, there's also a guy who's adding useless merchandise links to 4 or even more polish websites. And everytime it's just to the main page.

Also there's one dude who keeps submitting non-english interviews. Mostly italian.

antonslavey
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:36 am 

christkiller wrote:
antonslavey wrote:
christkiller wrote:
antonslavey wrote:
christkiller wrote:
Drowned wrote:
ruigeroeland wrote:

your joking right?
.. just to name a few..

Aguynguerran Christreign Annihilation Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 18/50 : BOUGHT IT AT THEIR GIG WITH WATAIN 2 YEARS AGO

BlackSStorm Alesia Split CD limited to 100 (?) handnumbered copies, copy 24/100 : BOUGHT IT FROM A FRIEND

Dead and Forgotten Demo Demotape limited to 66 handnumbered copies, copy 59/66 on ancient parchemin paper : GOT IN A TRADE (i have a copy for trade as well)

Göll Göll Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies signed with blood! copy 12/50 : BOUGHT IT AT A GIG 2 YEARS AGO

Hiver Noir Errance sur les Chemins de l'Eternité Tape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 14/50 : THE GUY IS A FRIEND, I GOT IT FROM HIM

Insane Vesper Unholy Procession Demo CD limited to 66 handnumbered copies, copy 19/66 : TRADE WITH A FRIEND FROM TOULOUSE

Isegrim Gloria Deo, Domino Inferi With PC video : BOUGHT IT IN A SHOP SOME YEARS AGO

Krater (Ger) Des Winters weiße Reinheit Demo limited to 55 handnumbered copies, copy 24/55 : GOT IT FROM A TRADE SOME WEEKS AGO

Kvellen Terres vierges CDR limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 12/50 : GOT IT FROM VAALTARGH IN A TRADE

Nargaroth Herbstleyd Cdx limited to 33 handnumbered copies, copy 15/33 : BOUGHT ON EGAY FOR SOME EUROES

Othendara Dae Of Nox Demotape limited to 50 handnumbered copies, copy 27/50 : GOT IT FROM DANTHRAX_NASTY WHO PLAYS IN THE BAND

hehe satisfied? and also i have not yet added all my tapes here ;)

you know what would be amazing? if you posted those albums for download ;) you know, as if it were possible to obtain them any other way ;)

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:53 am 

Evenfiel wrote:
Drowned wrote:

Looks ok to me.

Thanks.

BC_Blade
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:02 pm 

user = karmatsunami

although i don't see anything wrong (yet) "she's" updating big name bands. i first nocticed this around 12:30pm today where she had 34 points. Now at 2:10, she has over 120 points.

and it's just big name bands she's updating from what i'm seeing.

so you might want to look out for her...

khronos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:19 pm 

^ He/She updated a lot of Metalcore bands with links to http://www.fourteeng.net/ which features Interviews or Reviews. Absolutely useless for such "big" bands.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:53 pm 

Damn -_-

Another moron "maggotsofslipknot" was adding for bands "black metal, death metal from France, USA, etc" in the Former/Alternate name section

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:57 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/userprofi ... rmatsunami

is adding links to (uninteresting) interviews of many bands.

3 inches of blood, trivium, the agony scene, soilwork and hypocrisy to name a few.

http://www.fourteeng.net

delete?

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:42 pm 

Nuke them

Also when yo usee those kind of useless reviews, interviews, etc delete them all

reviews@Extreminal...

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:09 pm 

wow! the fourteeng link was added to three inches of bloods page 4 times. photos, interview, review and info about the roadrunner tour.

that was necessary.

also deleted a bunch of other useless links from above mentioned bands (wikipedia, zonemetal, BNR, interviews etc)

EDIT: 20:00 all links have been re-added. there are 5 links to different parts of fourteeng on the 3 inches of blood page :S

khronos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:35 pm 

What the hell? I'm a hundred percent sure I deleted that fourteeng stuff a few days ago, at least from 2 of the bands parasite_lost mentioned.

BC_Blade
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:55 pm 

the links are back again, i'll delete them.

i've mentioned this user before (se my last post in this thread)

Black_Hole
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:02 am 

antonslavey wrote:
christkiller wrote:
Drowned wrote:
ruigeroeland wrote:

Hey as long as CK recognizes the greatness of the Belgian masters of Epic Death, Caducity...i'm alright with it.
ogmetal is slacking. I can't believe this isn't locked yet. Seriously, dudes, Svartpest -l-.

DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 pm 

The user "morbid_guitar" is updating the big names, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kreator, etc. within a few minutes. I haven't figured what he's doing, but i am suspicious of him.

DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:04 pm 

Testament, Exodus, Mayhem, Burzum, Immortal, Darkthrone, etc.

khronos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:46 pm 

He's adding his useless forum (http://metalmedia.proboards33.com/index.cgi) to all of them. He has done this the second time by now, I remember deleting this a while ago.

DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:53 pm 

Ah, I think he's ready for the banhammer now.
I think I will never understand why the pointwhores are so stupid. If he added a senseless link only every hour or something, he most likely wouldn't get caught for a long time.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 77  Next