Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bodosa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 4:33 am 

Hi,

Just was curious to know in what order do mods examine bands for acceptance into the site?

Are their users who get preference? Recently, I have noticed that certain user's submissions get accepted & validated promptly while certain user's submissions go unexamined for a longer duration. I do understand that moderators remain busy and this is not their main job but still wanted to ask this question.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:19 am 

Some people who submit bands have a long proven track record and thus mods know what they get into when they check out these submissions. Also some submissions are controversial and then multiple mods have to check it out and this lengthens the process.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:21 am 

Every mod is different. Speaking for myself, back when I worked on the band queue, my methodology was to usually go for the submissions from people I know and for music I enjoy listening to first, then to chronologically hit up the rest of the queue. Tough submissions - those where there's hardly any evidence, or where the music is very borderline, or which take a journey to even listen to samples of the music - I usually skipped over and dealt with last.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:44 am 

For me it has very little to do with the user and simply how easy or difficult it is to evaluate the band. The more borderline it is, the longer it takes to get multiple options. If it's clearly metal, it likely gets accepted quickly. I don't know off hand what you've submitted, so this isn't a direct statement at you - but if you have a bunch of bands building up in the queue and not getting accepted that means they are borderline anyway and you should really start thinking about the type of submission you are sending through.

You can usually expect anything with "core," 'Grind,' - anything avant-garde, anything with the word "rock" anywhere it in to take a long time because we want multiple mods to weigh in and frankly, these bands normally tend to be the difficult ones to evaluate.

Bodosa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:05 pm 

Thank you moderators for taking your time out to answer my query. I was just curious to know about the work that goes on in the background . Hence, I asked this question. I hope I didn’t offend any moderator.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:26 pm 

No offense taken at all, I don't mind answering any questions on how this site operates. MA is a hobby for us all, there are so many factors that influence the time a submission is in the queue before an outcome, including and beyond what's already been posted.

Reply to topic