Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:36 am 

Bezerko wrote:
Korn got added to the Archives as an April's Fool Day joke, half the internet were dumbfucks and fell for it. Hell, half the internet is STILL falling for it (dumbfucks).

rexxz nearly had me convinced. :lol: Nearly. I'm not that stupid

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:42 am 

OlympicSharpshooter wrote:
Woolie_Wool wrote:
Bitter argument with OSS.

Given the context it was more on the order of one fellow screaming 'fuck you!' at a strawman.

That, and I was throwing some payback at you for your review of "Rising Force". :p

In all seriousness though, I was positive this was a joke until Nightgaunt pulled his little exit scene. Part of my behavior was me getting pissed off at him being gone and Napero potentially leaving and I basically started taking it out on OSS. My hatred of KoRn and KERRANG magazine kind of ended up being what came out of my mouth instead of "you fucker, you just destroyed my favorite website".

Anyway, although I do feel like an idiot, I'm pretty sure I'd feel like more of one if I'd actually shown any signs of approval for the band being added here. Maybe I'm turning dog shit into diamonds, but I think I only made a moderately gigantic ass out of myself.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

daemon_necromaton
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:57 am 

No shit, huh? Only goes to show Nightgaunt couldn't bullshit a baby if his life depended on it. Not that you are a baby.

Anyway, this Korn scenario was too obvious to be funny and with all its dredge-baiting qualities too protracted to not be painful. Good idea, bad execution.

AvengerofTruth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:59 am 

Yeah I agree, way too dramatic to have any real credibility. Oh well, it was certainly funny to see all the hilarious reactions. Some people are so gullible, and I have now realized how fortunate we are to be safe from all those trolls like "Korn is metal" or whoever that was.

Unearthly
Spectre of Wrath

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:02 am 

I was pretty sure it was all a joke from the start...thus my solitary comment of "lol."

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:04 am 

AvengerofTruth wrote:
Yeah I agree, way too dramatic to have any real credibility. Oh well, it was certainly funny to see all the hilarious reactions. Some people are so gullible, and I have now realized how fortunate we are to be safe from all those trolls like "Korn is metal" or whoever that was.

... therefore, it worked.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:10 am 

I've been away from the computer since about midday, but I have to scorn everybody for the staggering amount of idiocy on display throughout the duration of the day. The mods (particularly Nappy and rexxz) played it extremely well, and every doofus that fell for it should be ashamed.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

invoked
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:14 am 

An excerpt from a conversation I was having with my friend about the most metal country ever:

Me: Im going to make a country
Me: and make the national anthem Deathcrush
Him: sick shit
Me: "Everyone rise for - ONLY DEATH IS REEEEAAAALALLLLLL"
Me: the capital will officially be called City of Screaming Statues
Him: In this country, nuns will have no fun at all

We are dorks. I even created an extensive legislative system based on a Demilich song.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:16 am 

BastardHead wrote:
I've been away from the computer since about midday, but I have to scorn everybody for the staggering amount of idiocy on display throughout the duration of the day. The mods (particularly Nappy and rexxz) played it extremely well, and every doofus that fell for it should be ashamed.

Okay, just please don't be a BastardHead about it. :p
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Clappamungus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:17 am 

BastardHead wrote:

I've only been on these boards a short while, but I know who the uber-mods are, and when one of them actually came out and said "yeah, it's true, just accept it, it's only one exception based on the 1st album", and having never heard the first album, I really did wonder.

I was 99% sure it was a prank, but in the back of my mind there was the "what if?"...they were extremely convincing.
In hono(r) of Ko(r)n, I am going to type eve(r)y occu(r)(r)ence of the lette(r) "(r)" with a set of pa(r)entheses to signify the impo(r)tant meaning and symbolism that spelling it backwa(r)ds in the band name has fo(r) my life.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

Okay, just please don't be a BastardHead about it. :p

For you, anything. ;)

Seriously, they did a great job of making it believable with Nightgaunt's dursting and the banter between OSS, rexxz, and Napero, but I guess my upbringing just taught me not to believe a single thing on April first. I descend from a loooong line of pranksters and comedians, so I guess I'm just predisposed to this kind of shit. Honestly though, if it was done on any other day, I most likely would've fallen for it... they put on a great performance.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:47 am 

My brother has informed me he will allow me to borrow his Logitech surround sound system starting this summer.

:metal:

Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:11 am 

Hats off to everyone involved in the KoRn gag. I'm quite proud that I didn't cave in and post anything with "but if this is real" in it, but I'll admit, behind all of my cynical denial in the back of my mind there was a shred of "hmmm...what if?"

Very convincingly well done though, especially to OSS, who was the only one that had to make much of a sacrifice, hehe.

But you can't fool me ;)

Karnstein Records
www.karnsteinrecords.com

Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 am 

BastardHead wrote:
Honestly though, if it was done on any other day, I most likely would've fallen for it... they put on a great performance.

This

Karnstein Records
www.karnsteinrecords.com

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:40 am 

Thought deathcore band names couldn't get more retarded than We Butter the Bread with Butter?

They can. http://www.metal-archives.com/pendingba ... 3540277970

I mean, what the fuck? The logo is just retarded as well.

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:51 am 

Bezerko wrote:
Thought deathcore band names couldn't get more retarded than We Butter the Bread with Butter?

wow. Worst logo ever.

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:02 am 

Bezerko wrote:

It's close, but I personally think that 'We Butter The Bread With Butter' out retards 'Did You Mean Australia?'. Then again, the previous doesn't have anything to do with Australia, which is a good thing.

- Tim Minchin

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 am 

Yeah, I was hoping for some lyrics about Australia, but "She's Never Too Tight For A Chainsaw" doesn't seem to sing about kangaroos and wallabies.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:22 am 

There are only 2 Bolt Thrower shirts on eBay worldwide and they are both $80+ US Dollars. FFFFFFU... :mad: I want one soooo bad

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:31 am 

I have the same system, Earthcubed. For the money, you're not likely to find anything better. (I realize you hadn't mentioned anything about buying the set, just saying.)

Any salvia users here? Tonight was my third time trying it (first two times with 40x, this time with 5x), and I've yet to hallucinate or drastically trip. I had mildly altered perception tonight, as the first time (second time I feld nothing), but the effects felt were hardly worth noting. Thoughts as to what could be going wrong?

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:33 am 

Woohoo... another online drug experiment commentary coming up, it seems...

Salvia goes well with mutton, silly.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:50 am 

Heh, nah, not really looking to go telling everyone the ins-and-outs of the matter, I'm just tired of paying for something with little to no effect when I've seen numerous other cases where people seemed to undergo great effects in very similar situations.

And I can't say I'm partial to mutton.

On a completely unrelated note: Fleshgod Apocalypse's debut is holy fuck.

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:39 am 

Great gag! my compliments, :thumbsup:

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:43 am 

Ravenlord266 wrote:
Great gag! my compliments, :thumbsup:

Who was this directed to, specifically? :???:

LindisfarneAnno793
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:45 am 

Crick wrote:

Keith Thompson did it way better.
Fueled by methamphetamines and forties

Cheeses_Priced
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:54 am 

saintinhell wrote:
Didn't see Alto_Variago and a few others in the KoRN threads yesterday, pity! They sure must have hoped for the inclusion to not be a joke, they have been very vocal about the "get nu-metal in to make it a complete encyclopedia" thing.

The notion of anyone being disappointed now is even funnier than anyone who was angry about it.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:59 am 

The_Orphanizer wrote:
I have the same system, Earthcubed. For the money, you're not likely to find anything better. (I realize you hadn't mentioned anything about buying the set, just saying.)

Yeah, I've heard it before. Really amazing. I can only imagine the awesomeness that their 7.1 systems must be.

neonchipmunk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:30 am 

Cheeses_Priced wrote:
saintinhell wrote:
Didn't see Alto_Variago and a few others in the KoRN threads yesterday, pity! They sure must have hoped for the inclusion to not be a joke, they have been very vocal about the "get nu-metal in to make it a complete encyclopedia" thing.

The notion of anyone being disappointed now is even funnier than anyone who was angry about it.

Even though I suspected it was an April fools I'm kind of disappointed that Korn is gone this morning. Not because I care one way or the other if they are on here but watching everyone go bat shit crazy was getting interesting.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:44 am 

PeachPit wrote:
The more Empyreal name drops random bands, the happier I become. This is in reference to a locked thread in the Reviews board where Crystal Viper was mentioned.

Cool, glad to hear it.

Noktorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:05 am 

The_Orphanizer wrote:

Any salvia users here? Tonight was my third time trying it (first two times with 40x, this time with 5x), and I've yet to hallucinate or drastically trip. I had mildly altered perception tonight, as the first time (second time I feld nothing), but the effects felt were hardly worth noting. Thoughts as to what could be going wrong?

well of course, how do you expect to get high off spit

Member #1 of Zarach 'Baal' Tharagh Crew - Fuck off the musical black metal!

saintinhell
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:17 am 

Cheeses_Priced wrote:
saintinhell wrote:

Well, there were a few people saying they would now be able to add Slipknot/Soulfly since KoRN was included, so I am not too far off the mark either way. :P

Unearthly
Spectre of Wrath

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:24 am 

Noktorn wrote:
The_Orphanizer wrote:

well of course, how do you expect to get high off spit

Easy, just mix the spit with some rodent blood and inject the concoction into your rectum with a crazy straw.

But really, I've never found salvia to be worthwhile. I experienced some of the effects a few times, but more often I would just feel light-headed and sort of high, like I had just taken a couple hits of weed. Most of the regular salvia users I've encountered either maintain this obnoxious "only from the Earth, brah" attitude (e.g. cannabis, mushrooms, salvia), or are just afraid to take something that will last longer than 20 minutes.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:43 am 

I've done salvia twice, both times legal. There were two effects that happened both times: I had to keep my tilted 90 degrees in order to feel like I was on balance, and I had the oddest sensation of everything in the entire world moving or being pulled to the left.

I had those effects and only those effects the first time I did it; the second time, I had those, plus a sensation akin to a tiny man with an icepick sitting inside my head chipping away at my brain.

Oh, and as per usual with smoked substances, I had a splitting headache for an hour afterward. Not pleasant.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:16 am 

I wish I still had my Live Insurrection CD. That was one of the better live heavy metal albums I have heard.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:19 am 

I've been wondering. There's this band named Tombs that released an album called Winterhours this year. Why isn't it on the Archives? I can't find any info on them anywhere because they picked this really uncommon and original name. If I look it up in Google, I get thousands of results that have nothing to do with it, and since they sound like a metal band, I have been thinking. Any thoughts?

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:53 am 

Nochielo wrote:
I've been wondering. There's this band named Tombs that released an album called Winterhours this year. Why isn't it on the Archives? I can't find any info on them anywhere because they picked this really uncommon and original name. If I look it up in Google, I get thousands of results that have nothing to do with it, and since they sound like a metal band, I have been thinking. Any thoughts?

Well it's hard to say if it is metal. I don't know if anybody tried to add them though. On their facebook page they state they are hardcore/experimental/psychedelic but on their myspace it,s written metal/hardcore/pshychedelic. Maybe theres too much elements from these genres compared to the metal elements.

BloodredChaos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:57 am 

I think they used to be here, but were deleted later for not being close enough to metal.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:00 am 

To anyone who believed Korn was for real, and that I was really swayed by OSS: you know, your lack of trust in my rabid anti-mallcore elitism and my judgment really hurt my feelings. :(

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:04 am 

we never know, someone close minded may one day open his eyes. Still only the date it was done made me have doubts. That could have been just to trick us too.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:10 am 

It was a test for the real mallcore invasion set to occur in 2012.

On a similar note, weren't Mudvayne once in the archives? I could've sworn that they were around the time I first started using the site (summer 04).

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 1106  Next