Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:16 am 

May as well use it as an excuse to point whore a little though, can't be bothered writing 20 more reviews

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:23 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Holy fucking KoRn!!!

Although it's almost certainly an April fools joke.

and what if not?

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

~Guest 153339
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:26 am 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:
Holy fucking KoRn!!!

and what if not?

The Metal Archives will face its death.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:32 am 

It's an interesting decision to let them on. I can see an overabundance of negative reviews shortly.

Only one I've heard is Life Is Peachy, so I might write a review for that one in time.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

invoked
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:33 am 

My band's demo is finally done being mixed, service hours are almost finished, I just watched Conan again, and Kotipelto is kicking ass on my first listen of Fourth Dimension, sometimes I wish I didn't have to go to sleep.

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:34 am 

I won't write reviews for shit because I don't buy that crap and I cannot judge and entire album. it would be too difficult for me! :-)

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 am 

Victory! The devious fiend that has plagued the highest corners of my room has been vanquished. My foe fought valiantly, but was ultimately no match for the bristled fan-blade duster. I commend you, mosquito, but your tormenting days are over!

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:48 am 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:
Holy fucking KoRn!!!

and what if not?

I'd be extremely surprised, I could see people making an argument for it to be a grunge album rather than a nu metal album, but real metal, I think not.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:29 am 

Reign_of_Praine wrote:
oneyoudontknow wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:
Holy fucking KoRn!!!

and what if not?

The Metal Archives will face its death.

What the hell are you doing back here?

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

Caerb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:33 am 

Reign_of_Praine wrote:
See y'all niggers. I'm leaving this realm and enjoying my Spring to the fullest, and am going to create music and such. I'm leaving forever. I'm sure a lot of you won't care but for those that do...

PEACE!!!!! :)

Spring is not over yet. Nor is 'forever'. What's your excuse, attention whore?

Unearthly
Spectre of Wrath

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:57 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1346#56098

Quote:
This album shows that these guys have a great future ahead of them. I can only hope that they continue to create works like this, especially after six years of waiting. >:( I would recommend this to every fan of metal, especially those who appreciate death metal, extreme black metal and classical music.

I guess Derigin doesn't know much about Windir?

Caerb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:01 am 

Unearthly wrote:

Quote:
This album shows that these guys have a great future ahead of them. I can only hope that they continue to create works like this, especially after six years of waiting. >:( I would recommend this to every fan of metal, especially those who appreciate death metal, extreme black metal and classical music.

you best be trollin'

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:11 am 

man, that korn thing is easily (hopefully) the best april fool's joke ever.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:17 am 

There's no way that it isn't.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:53 am 

I laughed, for one. :lol:

Even funnier is that someone wrote a review for them, and gave the debut a 90%. I think that's an april fool too.

DenialFiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:31 am 

frozenaeons wrote:
It really just depends on the girls in your area. I certainly wouldn't cut my hair for female attention, though.

Couldn't agree more. Fuck the poseurs. Actually, I hat to cut my hair because I had them long for about 6 years. So, among the many consequencies, there was also the fact to have the girls running behind me.

lov it :D

Sagebear
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:06 am 

NeglectedField wrote:
Sagebear wrote:
Some tomato seeds I planted a little more than a week ago have finally started to sprout.

I know gardening is one of the least metal things out there, but it's healthier than store-bought produce, and I value my health.

Self-sufficiency is totally kvlt. If you think, conversely, that buying processed shit is the food equivalent of buying a Britney Spears CD, for lack of a better analogy.

Now THERE'S an incentive! Still have some cucumbers, onion, and lettuce to plant, but I'll get to that soon.

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:11 am 

Someone gave it 100, saying it made some thrash bands evolve into something intelligent that it is pure genius... oh shit I laughed at that one.

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:37 am 

That review is kind of like that thing we did for a couple of pages in the reviews section where we reviewed things in the opposite of our actual opinions, it was quite fun.

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:59 am 

caspian wrote:

I doubt that it is a joke. Maybe it was their intention to place it on this very day on order to confuse everyone.

My podcast:

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:18 am 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
caspian wrote:

I doubt that it is a joke. Maybe it was their intention to place it on this very day on order to confuse everyone.

If it isn't a joke they would be demanding (very) high review standards, not like the first review submitted.

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:25 am 

I'm sitting on the fence with this one... If it was Slipknot that had been submitted, then I think it could be an entirely plausible April Fools joke.

Though, I can't see them staying here for no other reason than that it will open the floodgates and Nightgaunt, Witcher etc. have more than enough things to deal with on the M-A, without the flood of posers trying to get other nu-metal bands in on the argument that "Korn are here".

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:26 am 

Bezerko wrote:
oneyoudontknow wrote:
caspian wrote:

If it isn't a joke they would be demanding (very) high review standards, not like the first review submitted.

Huh... why? The more reviews are added, the more diversified the opinion would be. I really like parts of the old Korn stuff, but lost touch with them after Follow the Leader.

I owned Life is Peachy back then -- thirteen years ago ... damn that were times -- and I really liked it; sold it later, though.

My podcast:

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:45 am 

Yeah, definitely a joke.

Quote:
What can be said that hasn't already been said? Well, being one of the first to review them on this site of mostly close-minded elitist nekrocult worship stuff, I feel many of you are still in need of enlightenment, despite the album's blatant musical supremacy that should be obvious from the first spin. Rolling along at slow to mid-pace for the most part, riffs absolutely crush with doomy might in an Alice in Chains or early Black Sabbath manner. Nice to see them pay tribute to the Gods - their frontman DID give us Ozzfest, after all. This, along with Fieldy's positively funk-HAY bass lines along with David Silveria's underrated and groovy drumming on this album together form practically THE birth of the jumpdafukup phenomenon - need I say more?

Quote:
In addition, it single-handedly influenced Machine Head so much to the point of maturing beyond their thrash metal beginnings and evolve into something far more intelligent, dynamic and emotionally engaging (see their masterwork, The Burning Red).

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 am 

LokiGoddess wrote:
Yeah, the amount of facetious-ness in Abby's review was kind of blatantly obvious. Not entirely sure if FS's review was a joke or not, though.

Damn, it seems that I've ruined any April fools review prank reviews that have and will be posted today... sorry guys (especially Abby) ;.;

and... *twiddles thumbs*

... I uhmmm...

well, I...

don't really...

like Hell Symphony...

at all, really.

They were both pretty god damned obvious once I slowed down and read them. I got about two sentences into both of them and alarms were firing so I had to jump the gun and post about it like a douche. I don't consider myself a gullible person but I guess that changes when you're dealing with two of my favorite albums/reviewers.

I am surprised to hear that you don't like Hell Symphony, although it is a bit of a relief to know that we don't have the EXACT same tastes in black metal.

TheFourHorsemen666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:13 am 

Empyreal wrote:
If failsafe's review WASN'T a joke, I'll fry him for breakfast and then eat him along with every Metalium CD.

But I do like a good bit of cheer in my holiday.

failsafe wrote:
I followed the Manila Brick Road, or whatever.

:lol: Priceless.

failsafeman wrote:
Luckily "Feeling Free Again" is a stronger track, which doesn't try to bury the listener with pretension and instead stays true to it's light-hearted title. This greatly brings up the score of the album in my eyes, saving it from utter shittiness.

That was the part that made me certain it was a joke. Besides, unless I remember wrong, he's mentioned a few times that that's his favorite Manilla Road album.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:18 am 

Is them not accepting my review part of the joke too? :lol:

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:21 am 

- In the breast Issue: as every good man, I like just the size of my hand and maybe a little more, Im more into the legs-hips-ass pack.

- IN the hair Issue: Boss I feel the same...I hate when people with really long hair cut it. Here in Perú theres a tradition that when a man get on a university their friend or family cut their hair. In my case I prefer to fought againts my friends, ignore my family and finally cut it by my self.. BUT NOONE CAN TOUCH MY HAIR... My hair is kind of fucked up ( not as much as yours :p) but still Im letting gronw for the sake of HeadBanging

- In the korn issue :lol: ohhh life

Also Can anyone recomend me a good Black & Roll or Deth & Roll album?

fiercetroll
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:28 am 

OlioTheSmall wrote:
Okay, I've got this chick at my school who thinks she excretes what it is to be metal. Today, she asked me if I was going to see Trivium when they come to Australia. I politely said that I had never taken an interest in Trivium's music and was instead, planning on seeing Krisiun. She then asked if I had heard the new Trivium album 'Shogun,' to which I said I had not. After telling me about the album, I replied by describing what I had been listening to lately, which included 'Symbolic' by Death 'Steadfast' by Forefather and a couple other albums I'd bought recently. She hadn't heard of any of the bands I had mentioned and just walked away when I offered to give them to her on a USB. I've made the offer before, but she completely ignored most of what I gave her and only listened to Ensiferum s/t out of about 2 GB of music. She's a nice girl, but I find her delusional attitude somewhat annoying. Not to mention the disrespectful way she treated my musical offer. That and she told me I need to "get a life" when I started a conversation with her about Burzum. On second thoughts, she can be quite the bitch.

Anyway, it is because of the above event that I decided to listen to some tracks off 'Shogun,' via youtube. Not abysmal, but it is pretty bland. It certainly isn't "epic" as the girl claimed it was. I've given up hope on finding any musical compatibility with her. Other than us both liking the first 3 Metallica albums, some stuff by Megadeth and the Ensiferum s/t I gave her.

Sounds like you've got feelings for her? If not why bother venting on the internet?

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:31 am 

Someone needs to find a more ridiculous image of Korn for their band photo. If not the whole band then at least one with Jonathan Davis in that faggot ADIDAS leather miniskirt he always used to wear.

EDIT: someone with photoshop skills please? This girl's just begging to have Davis' head on her shoulders.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:22 am 

Joe Satriani's stuff is awesome. Just pure fun.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:28 am 

PAANKSTER wrote:
Unearthly wrote:

Quote:

you best be trollin'

:oh shit:

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:39 am 

Earthcubed wrote:
EDIT: someone with photoshop skills please? This girl's just begging to have Davis' head on her shoulders.

Haha, it's kind of hard to Shop out an arm as well.

~Guest 153339
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:44 am 

thejuicebitch wrote:
What the hell are you doing back here?

Well, this is way too much of a historical event to just miss.

PAANKSTER wrote:
Reign_of_Praine wrote:
See y'all niggers. I'm leaving this realm and enjoying my Spring to the fullest, and am going to create music and such. I'm leaving forever. I'm sure a lot of you won't care but for those that do...

PEACE!!!!! :)

Spring is not over yet. Nor is 'forever'. What's your excuse, attention whore?

Well, I was obviously looking for attention, wasn't I? Thanks for giving it to me, dipshit.

It's still a mystery whether or not this will all be resolved tomorrow, but if not, it will have detrimental effects on the site. It's starting to happen now - but this could all be an elaborate set up.

Leify
A Whisper of Death

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:59 am 

The mods have gotta accept my review, it's my first time! I promise not to be clingy if you do, either.

Edit: Awww, removed.

Last edited by Leify on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:35 pm 

Playing Pokemon Red in all my classes... haha I need to start doing my work. I've been bored and I can't sleep that much now. I'm getting quite far these past 3 days.
I name all my Pokemon after black metal bands/members.
Like, Striborg fits perfectly for Gastly. Draugar is perfect for Diglett/Dugtrio. Filth is perfect for that peice of shit Oddish.

Lame to the max :D

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 pm 

25 users browsing the Metal Discussion forum. Man, you'd think some worthwhile or notable thing happened, or something.

Mezentus wrote:
Playing Pokemon Red in all my classes... haha I need to start doing my work. I've been bored and I can't sleep that much now. I'm getting quite far these past 3 days.
I name all my Pokemon after black metal bands/members.
Like, Striborg fits perfectly for Gastly. Draugar is perfect for Diglett/Dugtrio. Filth is perfect for that peice of shit Oddish.

Lame to the max :D

Those games are great to dig up once in a while, although I sold all mine (except Pearl) for some odd reason. :durr:.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:04 pm 

So turns out that the five white kids in my school that arn't wiggers(the other five) listen to a lot of Metal, I might be able to find a couple of musicians now to get my band going.

Oh, and what the hell is with Korn being added? I figured it was an April Fool's day prank.

UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:06 pm 

So I take it Nightgaunt is leaving MA for good? Can't say it was unexpected. If true, it is a sign of the great decline that will take over this place in time, Korn being the great first noticeable symptom. Not even MA was safe, after all...

Last edited by UnserHeiligeTod on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misainzig
Epicurean Gynaecologist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:10 pm 

Jesus. Anyone who has ever heard Korn knows this is a joke. I bet they've been planning this since November. I mean all of the perfect details on the Korn page? It's so obviously pre-meditated.

Shit, I bet there was even a script.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 1106  Next