Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:39 am 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Nochielo wrote:
I've been wondering. There's this band named Tombs that released an album called Winterhours this year. Why isn't it on the Archives? I can't find any info on them anywhere because they picked this really uncommon and original name. If I look it up in Google, I get thousands of results that have nothing to do with it, and since they sound like a metal band, I have been thinking. Any thoughts?

Well it's hard to say if it is metal. I don't know if anybody tried to add them though. On their facebook page they state they are hardcore/experimental/psychedelic but on their myspace it,s written metal/hardcore/pshychedelic. Maybe theres too much elements from these genres compared to the metal elements.

I don't know, they sounded pretty metal to me. I'd describe it as a sludge/black sound, but if the mods say no, then well, the mods say no.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:01 pm 

Pic of the bong me and my friend made yesterday. :)

It was highly successful. We cut the handle and tilted it out to work as the stem. The bowl is a carved potato with an aluminum foil screen.

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 pm 

fuck banks, I had some fucking fees yet again because of stupidities. I paid something via paypal and instead of taking the money out of my credit card they took it off my bank account which didn't have enough money... Now I'm real pissed off. The bank won't do anything about it even if I fucking had more than enough money on my credit card and I just e-mailed paypal. I guess they'll be like sorry your fault we can't do anything about it. Hell those banks can live without a little 40 bucks (37). thats like 3 cds, a show ticket, much booze and a used video-game...

hey Orphanizer, we have the same number of posts! post combo!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:13 pm 

So the new Slough Feg track list has been revealed:

1. The Hunchback of Notre Doom

2. Overborne
3. Ape Uprising
4. Simian Manifesto

5. Shakedown at The Six

6. White Cousin
7. Ape Outro
8. Nasty Hero

Looks good to me. Only 8 songs, so hopefully we'll see a few 5-7 minute ones as opposed to the 2-4 minute ones we've had off Atavism and Hardworlder. Can't wait!

Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:16 pm 

Listening to Operation Mindcrime, I'm sold. killer stuff.

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

I hung out with my best mate a bit tonight, we did the late-night McDonald's run as you do. Turns out he got an email from my ex-girlfriend (they were good friends as well, up until she fucking destroyed me and I told her to get fucked a few months ago) and it turns out like this:

She's broke, unemployed, got dumped by the bloke she left me for, not studying, and essentially homeless as she keeps getting thrown out of house after house for not being able to pay rent, has become addicted to drugs and nearly OD'D and died one night.

Compare that to the stable life I'm living where I have a good home, study, work, pay rent, have a good circle of close friends, play sport a few times a week and the best girlfriend in the entire world, I have to say this:

- If karma does exist, then it's come around and I'm reaping the benefits.
- I feel no shred of sympathy - I don't even take great pleasure in her situation, I just don't care. Not a little itty bitty it.
- I am BULLETPROOF. :D

Thanks for reading, carry on.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:

Yeah, that album took a looong time to grow on me, but I think I finally "got it" today when I listened to "Suite Sister Mary." What a stunning song.

...but The Warning is still better.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:20 pm 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
hey Orphanizer, we have the same number of posts! post combo!

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! I post solo! :P

Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:20 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:

Yeah, that album took a looong time to grow on me, but I think I finally "got it" today when I listened to "Suite Sister Mary." What a stunning song.

...but The Warning is still better.

The song I'm listening to right now. I've yet to hear the Warning, I just downloaded the discography shame on me. But I need to refill my bank account for some future trips. And I'm recently getting into St Vitus too. Love that fuzzy sound and Reagers vocals.

Ha I realize I haven't post much since I started going on MA

0kill
Patron Saint of Burglary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:30 pm 

Empyreal wrote:

2. Overborne
3. Ape Uprising
4. Simian Manifesto

5. Shakedown at The Six

6. White Cousin
7. Ape Outro
8. Nasty Hero

Looks good to me. Only 8 songs, so hopefully we'll see a few 5-7 minute ones as opposed to the 2-4 minute ones we've had off Atavism and Hardworlder. Can't wait!

The Hunchback of Notre Doom will probably be the stand out track. :lol:

TLWSF haven't released a bad album yet, so hopefully they keep that streak up.

- John Calvin.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:33 pm 

Band pic of Umoral, a Norwegian black metal band.
Because beer bellies sind krieg. Seriously, what.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:38 pm 

Napero, please read what a DDos is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack
Thank you.
Your entry on the frontpage was just hilarious.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:43 pm 

0kill wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

2. Overborne
3. Ape Uprising
4. Simian Manifesto

5. Shakedown at The Six

6. White Cousin
7. Ape Outro
8. Nasty Hero

The Hunchback of Notre Doom will probably be the stand out track. :lol:

TLWSF haven't released a bad album yet, so hopefully they keep that streak up.

Yeah, haha, that is a great song name. I'm sure it will be worth listening to.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:58 pm 

Despite my staunch "Norway wasn't the only place making BM" stance, I think I'm going to end up owning all the Immortal albums. I've enjoyed the debut for awhile now, with the moody C. Frost worship, but never really moved on from there. Battles in the North is washing over me at the moment and making work so much more tolerable.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:59 pm 

Immortal is rather good, for a big name with a sizable discography.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:01 pm 

I still stand by my opinion that Blizzard Beasts is their best and Pure Holocost is the next best. One of my favorite all time bands.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:15 pm 

Deathevokation = :metal:

Great stuff. I like the aggressive, dark riffing wall, and the atmospheric pieces.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:27 pm 

The_Orphanizer wrote:
It was a test for the real mallcore invasion set to occur in 2012.

On a similar note, weren't Mudvayne once in the archives? I could've sworn that they were around the time I first started using the site (summer 04).

Nope.

RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:28 pm 

"At the Heart of Winter" is the Immortal album I spin the most. God damn, those cataclysmic riffs (or I'm just easy to impress).
Death metal is eternal.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:47 pm 

Holy damn Andre Matos' solo album is catchy, looking forward to seeing him on Prog/Power.. although I still wish Pagan's Mind was headlining :(

Sagebear
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:58 pm 

I cannot tell what is worse; spyware itself or the endless pop-ups from some spyware protection that found its way onto my computer. :ugh:

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:00 pm 

Sagebear wrote:
I cannot tell what is worse; spyware itself or the endless pop-ups from some spyware protection that found its way onto my computer. :ugh:

Wow, I couldn't identify with you more on this. I'm currently doing battle with it right now. This auto-runs program seems to be doing well thus far. Spyware really bogs down my computer.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:02 pm 

Sagebear wrote:

Listening to the new Queensryche album.

But all kidding aside, that sucks. :ugh: I had some spyware shit on my computer last winter. We got one of our technology-proficient friends to help us wipe the computer hard drive clean, and I just started over.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:04 pm 

Sagebear wrote:

If you're getting pop-ups its probably not very reliable software, does it say "Antivirus 2009" or "WinAntivirus 2009" or some variant of bullshit like that? Those are complete scams, actual malware posing as good software. Usually denoted by hilarious engrish if you look through the fake options in the fake program. I'd recommend MalwareBytes AntiMalware, combined with AVG and Spybot (the immunization feature makes it worth having) if you're still having spyware/malware issues. If you do have some variant of the "2009" malware bug, grab the newest version of RogueFix and run that in safe mode.

I tell customers regularly that I'd rather have most viruses than McAfee or Nortons. They try to protect you by making your computer run so shitty that you can't do anything.

Last edited by Jonpo on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:05 pm 

And so it comes out; that's the reason why my PC is running slower too. Norton is a rip-off then.

Sagebear
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:08 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Sagebear wrote:

If you're getting pop-ups its probably not very reliable software. I'd recommend MalwareBytes AntiMalware, combined with AVG and Spybot (the immunization feature makes it worth having) if you're still having spyware/malware issues.

I tell customers regularly that I'd rather have most viruses than McAfee or Nortons. They try to protect you by making your computer run so shitty that you can't do anything.

I can tell this isn't good software (it isn't Norton or McAfee though. Calls itself "Spyware Protect 2009"), but I have not been able to find a way to remove it. I dunno who the hell installed this either, since I use this computer every day and it just appeared this morning.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:09 pm 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
Napero, please read what a DDos is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack
Thank you.
Your entry on the frontpage was just hilarious.

Well, having worked at two different ISPs so far, I sort of know what it is, on the level a pool boy is supposed to. At that time, details were not important, so I didn't bother checking everything. Your point was?

For the record, Naz is fully capable of mounting a DDoS on anything. Including NASA, NSA and Echelon.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:10 pm 

Sagebear wrote:
I can tell this isn't good software (it isn't Norton or McAfee though. Calls itself "Spyware Protect 2009"), but I have not been able to find a way to remove it. I dunno who the hell installed this either, since I use this computer every day and it just appeared this morning.

http://www.internetinspiration.co.uk/roguefix.htm

Go there. Download the RogueFix utility. Restart your computer and press F8 while it is rebooting until you see a screen that has a list of options (white letters, black background) that gives you the option to boot into Safe Mode. Once safe mode is running start the RogueFix tool and follow the onscreen instructions.

That 2009 stuff is complete garbage and is the cause of most of your problems. RogueFix plus a MalwareBytes AntiMalware scan should take care of it.

Last edited by Jonpo on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:11 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Sagebear wrote:

If you're getting pop-ups its probably not very reliable software, does it say "Antivirus 2009" or "WinAntivirus 2009" or some variant of bullshit like that? Those are complete scams, actual malware posing as good software. Usually denoted by hilarious engrish if you look through the fake options in the fake program. I'd recommend MalwareBytes AntiMalware

Indeed, Malwarebytes is the way to go and/or Norman Malware Cleaner. When the whole Antivirus 2009 thing hit running those two are what saved my ass.

On a completely random note, I will never understand the whole Wolves in the throne room thing. That band makes me want to hurl.

Last edited by Norrmania on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Sagebear wrote:
Jonpo wrote:
Sagebear wrote:

If you're getting pop-ups its probably not very reliable software. I'd recommend MalwareBytes AntiMalware, combined with AVG and Spybot (the immunization feature makes it worth having) if you're still having spyware/malware issues.

That's exactly what happens with these sort of things. They just appear; it's not a real protection service at all. Don't download any other protection service that doesn't look very credible, either. That's about all the advice I can give you - although avast! and the Earthlink Protection Center helped me out when I had viruses.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

Thanks very much. I'm gonna try that because this is just ridiculous how sucky and slow my machine is running. I can't wait to purchase a MAC.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:12 pm 

When the 2009 bug started getting spread around and became 99% of my job I hated it, but now I really don't mind it. Its become relatively routine to exorcise from customer's computers, and it makes my job rather brainless which allows for more on-the-job-headbanging.

Sagebear
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:20 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Sagebear wrote:

http://www.internetinspiration.co.uk/roguefix.htm

Go there. Download the RogueFix utility. Restart your computer and press F8 while it is rebooting until you see a screen that has a list of options (white letters, black background) that gives you the option to boot into Safe Mode. Once safe mode is running start the RogueFix tool and follow the onscreen instructions.

That 2009 stuff is complete garbage and is the cause of most of your problems. RogueFix plus a MalwareBytes AntiMalware scan should take care of it.

Thanks! This stuff is annoying. I've had these spyware "portection" programs on my computer before, but they weren't as annoying. they normally went away in a matter of months. I cannot live with pop-ups every minute for a matter of months. >.>

MarbhDamhsa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:05 pm 

I was just stung by a wasp that somehow managed to get inside my shirt without my knowledge or permission.

CrowTRobot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:05 pm 

I figured I shouldn't start a new topic about this....

Has anyone ever listed an item on eBay, and subsequently received a message from someone asking you to end the auction early for a specified price?

I do not plan on ending the auction before the seven days, but I was curious if anyone experienced this.

Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:08 pm 

I guess it would cost you fees. And if you listed it as an auction, you should end it that way. Someone could always offer more than him, if he thinks his offer can't be beaten, it shouldn't bother him to wait a little. Seems like he doesn't want to play by the rules.

CrowTRobot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:10 pm 

This seems like the most likely scenario. Thanks for the reply.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:17 pm 

LindisfarneAnno793 wrote:

Believe it or not, that was the picture I had in mind when I gave up on drawing a complex suit of armor and opting for a shitty sketch with a plague mask for added cool points.
Hehe, foreskins.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:20 pm 

I had never heard about these suits that the doctors wore. I googled "Plague Doctor" immediately expecting it to be something from Warhammer or some RPG or something. The first patients the doctors tried out those outfits on must have been scared shitless. Not only do you have the fucking plague but a giant flat brimmed, red-eyed, bird monster has come to claim your soul!

Also, both drawings are bad ass but I picture them with a more PDW-oriented weapon, as opposed to RPGs. I want to see a post-apocalyptic Plague Doctor with a motorcyle and P90!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:43 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=226192

I love how Big Boss titles his new album Doomy Ballads. That's just hilarious for some reason.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 1106  Next