Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
themetalinsideme
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:04 am 

I started one post on this already, and after reading the rules I've figured out where it went! So I'll start again, correctly.

I'm looking for more Symphonic and Groove Death Metal. The two bands that I've come to hear that are like this are Gojira and Hacride. These two bands are also considered Progressive, so that works well also. A couple other bands that may work with this description are Pelican and Rosetta, so instrumental works too. Thanks!

Orgone
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:31 pm 

check out xerath

Villi_Thorne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:49 pm 

I've also been looking for more bands such as these. However all of them seem to pale in comparison to Gojira in my opinion. Obviously I just haven't been able to stumble onto the right bands.

In the way of Symphonic, you might want to check out Turisas and Apocalyptica if you haven't already.

ScratchMyBack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:32 am 

Not groove death but Deathcore-ish. Mattp recently joined Noktorn's recording challenge and created a track. It was interesting for a few listens as I normally get bored quickly when listening to long break downs.

themetalinsideme
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:25 am 

Thanks for the recs. I was reading through the thread in here on Symphonic Metal and checked out some of the bands. I'm thinking that I'm not too into the Symphonic that much, and I'm don't really see Gojira falling into that category. I think they fall more into the Progressive and Groove Death Metal, rather than symphonic.

I agree that nothing really compares to Gojira, they rock. Check out Hacride. I'm really enjoying their stuff. Both are French.

Reply to topic