Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SanPeron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:25 pm 

I don't know bands that sound like what I am looking for, but I know what I don't like in black metal and I don't like Avant-garde type of bands, progressive style kind of sound, I also don't want raw production black metal I hate that, to be honest. I especially want bands with different riffs and compositions in their music, so you can differentiate each song.

I am not looking for a specific style of sound, but I came across a lot of black metal bands with those characteristics and I don't like them so If you can recommend something that sounds different to that I would be thankful. I like more simple riff-oriented kind of bands, more guitar-driven than the atmospheric kind of vibe that a lot of black metal has.

Bands of black metal that I like are Impaled Nazarene, Dissection (my favorite in the genre), Grand Belial's Key, Darkthrone, Dark Funeral, Sarcófago, Celtic Frost, Hellhammer, Venom, and most classic stuff. If it is mixed with thrash, death, hardcore, rock n roll, or other more riff-oriented genres it is a good sign.

robotniq
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:38 pm 

The first song on the Throne of Ahaz album, "Northern Thrones" I think it is called.
Also, the first couple of Marduk releases, the demo and "Dark Endless" (particularly the final track of the latter, "Holy Inquisition").

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:47 pm 

I - Between Two Worlds.

Which worlds you might be asking? Black Metal and Heavy Metal ; a perfect mix of both, and if you want riff driven songs, this is for you

Deströyer 666 - Savage Pitch

Black/Thrash kind of stuff, with a strong Heavy Metal influence as well. This shit is as fun as it gets

Inquisition - Hymn For a Dead Star

Riff galore. I specially recommend this album by them; one great riff after another.

SanPeron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:14 pm 

Loved all the recommendations so far, keep them coming and I will check the full albums, but the songs here are all amazing.

SanPeron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:57 pm 

Stuff that I like

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:57 pm 

Since you love Dissection, you should check out Thulcandra, they play the exact same style. You might also enjoy Sacramentum.
Fire walk with me"

SanPeron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:54 pm 

I love this record, this is pretty melodic but is a different style of melodic black, and is a little bit thrashier than Dissection, love it, so far. It reminds me a little of Destroyer 666, it's amazing that this band is only one person.

SanPeron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:55 pm 

Waltz_of_Ghouls wrote:
Since you love Dissection, you should check out Thulcandra, they play the exact same style. You might also enjoy Sacramentum.

Love Sacramentum too, they are very similar to Dissection. I was listening today to the last Thulcandra record and I liked it very much, love the riffing style of melodic black.

Hellbeast11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:51 am 

Catamenia
Vinterland
Dawn
Ragnarok (Nor)

Kalimata
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:11 pm 

Diabolical Masquerade: riffs, melodies, chugs, crystal clear production.

Spiderlix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:13 pm 

I liked Marduk discography.

Reply to topic