Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Raven_Augustus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:09 pm 

After letting it sink in for a while, I really like this one. It might be my favourite album of 2024 so far. They nail the production side of things, like the guitar sound is spot on. The performance is also really tight, it feels more rehearsed and deliberate compared to the (sometimes) sloppiness of earlier albums. I also like how they are exploring more melodic riffing. I could sense some really Black Album era Metallica influence on this.

The only downside is the vocals. Nocturno Culto is awful now. He needs to pick a style, either go full on harsh vocals or actually sing, you know carry a melody with his voice. He does this pathetic "evil voice" dramatic talking, like someone imitating an evil character in a children's play. "AAAR I'M GONNA EAT YOU HAHA". Honestly they should just let Fenriz sing on it. I love all his "cameos" on this album. Yeah some of the operatic wailing is a bit goofy, but it really works on songs like Eon 3.

Overall 8/10.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:52 pm 

Peaceville has not made any comments about what they are going to do about the pressing problems that have screwed up a lot of copies. I may just return it to Amazon but I may get another f'd up copy.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3